In Search of Me Café Program is a Success!
Our pilot implementation, partnered with the Boys & Girls Club’s Miller Freedom Center in Nassau County, FL, has been operating for two years. During this time, the physical In Search of Me Café has become a favorite location within the facility. In fact, the Miller Club experienced a 300% increase in teen membership growth in the first year of operating the In Search of Me Café curriculum-based program. BGC teens, Unit Director Jamie Thompson and Teen Director Theresa Duncan share their impressions of the In Search of Me Café in this video:
We are now placing the In Search of Me Café program in more character-building organizations. In fact, we just launched In Search of Me Café in the Elizabeth Correll Teen Center, a stand-alone, purpose-built teen facility in Brunswick, Georgia!
This implementation is made possible by a generous grant from the Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation, with whom we also partner on content for the In Search of Me Café program and the Straight Talk tv show. Thank you, and GO JAGS!
Implementing the In Search of Me Café program is an innovative way to help your organization attract and retain teen members, actively serve your community, and most importantly, help teens become more productive citizens. Contact us to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to place the In Search of Me Café program into character-building organizations wherever possible to help teens help themselves.
These brick-and-mortar In Search of Me Cafés provide a safe, interactive, after-school learning environment where teens work with adult leaders to explore life’s issues, interact with other teens globally, and develop life skills through the use of technology.
Together we can:
• Survey your organization’s locations where you serve teens, assessing space and technology, while getting to know your staff and teen members
• Develop a customized, measurable, curriculum-based plan for each location’s teens and specific culture, including tracking tools
• Develop a promotional campaign to announce the new In Search of Me Café program to each community served
• Train Program Directors and Teen Directors to effectively implement and operate the In Search of Me Café curriculum
• Produce Premiere Nights as special events to raise awareness in each community served
• Connect teens in your locations with other teens around the world via peer-to-peer technology
• Film teens at your locations expressing themselves, and share the videos globally to enhance the learning experience of the In Search of Me Café program with teens around the world
• Meet with your staff to review tracking data, assess progress, and adjust the program as needed to meet your goals
Contact us to learn more about implementing in your organization: email@example.com
On Cyber Safety Awareness Day, teens at the In Search of Me Café in the Miller Boys & Girls Club Skyped with teens in New Jersey. During the session, they talked about general cyber safety, cyberbullying, sexting and other related topics. Watch them in action in this video clip.
For more info on cyber safety awareness, click here.