In Search of Me Café is revolutionizing the way positive life skills and self-help information is made available to youth ages 13-19. This comprehensive, interactive, media-rich website helps today’s teens address problems, communicate thoughts and ideas in a like-minded social network, and seek outside help in finding solutions.
At In Search of Me Café, we believe the best way to help teens manage their problems and prepare for focused, productive and fulfilling lives is to provide them with age-specific, peer-to-peer methods for helping themselves.
Watch this video to get an overview of the In Search of Me Café Program.
In Search of Me, Inc. (the Company) is a 501(c)(3) Florida non-profit corporation established to manage, produce, and distribute the In Search of Me Café Program through the www.InSearchOfMeCafe.com website and in physical locations through a curriculum-based program.
Some of the In Search of Me Café milestones include:
- prototype site became active in 4Q 2010
- social networking channels established including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and blogs
- implementation of a CMS platform in 1Q 2011 created a more robust, search-friendly, dynamically interactive user interface
- non-profit corporation formed June 2011
- curriculum-based pilot program implemented June 2011
- 501(c)(3) status awarded December 2011
- “Café Nights” series begins in Nassau County Public Libraries in Spring 2012
- grant awarded from Rotary Club of Amelia Island Sunrise and District 6970 in 2012
- implemented program at Roberts Learning & Achievement Center BGC in 2012
- Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation partners with In Search of Me Café to share video content with Straight Talk tv show in 2012
- pilot In Search of Me Café program implementation yields 300% increase in active teen membership
- Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation awards grant for In Search of Me Café in 2013
- implementation into a Boys & Girls Club Teen Center in Brunswick, GA in 2013